This stew is perfect for a hearty dinner and will keep in the fridge for lunches for a good few days. Enjoy!
1 x stick of celery
2 x small carrots
1 x large white onion
2 x cloves garlic
2 x cloves black garlic
2 x tsp z’atar
2 x tsp jerk seasoning
1 x tsp chilli powder
1 x can each of kidney beans, black beans and sweetcorn
2 x small sweet potatoes, chopped into chunks and pre-roasted
1 carton of passata
300ml veg stock
Salt and pepper
1. Finely chop all the veg and garlic
2. Put 2 tbsp sunflower or coconut oil in a heavy pot and heat, then add the chopped carrot, onion and celery
3. Cook for 7 or 8 minutes until soft, then add the garlic and spices, stirring to coat well. Add seasoning.
4. Cook for a further 5 minutes then add the beans and sweetcorn, passata and stock. The liquid should just cover everything – if it doesn’t add a little more water.
5. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer. Add the sweet potato and stir everything well. Simmer for an extra 2 or 3 minutes then turn off the heat.
6. Serve topped with fresh coriander.