I absolutely LOVE a massive bowl of pasta, almost as much as I love discovering ways to make it taste delicious without adding lots of meat and cheese. I discovered this method of cooking pasta via The Pool and now I use it every time, adapting it as I go. This recipe can include any veggies you have – either wilt them in or pre-roast/boil/steam etc and stir them in at the end. Happy Eating!
You will need:
Zest of 2 large lemons (unwaxed)
100ml olive oil
2 heaped tsp sea salt
Small bunch of fresh parsley plus extra for garnish
Any other veg you like – I used spinach and roast sprouts
- Boil the kettle and zest your lemons whilst waiting. You need a large shallow pan + lid.
- Put the dry pasta, lemon zest, oil, parsley (keep the stalks on) and salt in the pan and cover with 1 litre of boiling water. Bring to the boil with the lid on then remove once water is boiling.
- In the meantime grate the courgette finely. You could even spiralize it.
- Once the pasta is cooked, about 6-8 minutes, drain the water, then stir in the courgette and leaves if using and leave to stand with the lid on for 2 minutes.
- Stir in any extra veggies you have, season with salt, pepper and some extra chopped parsley and serve.